Most of us like girls with long hair. What about hair on the legs and other body parts? This excessive hair on the face and other parts can grow because of hormonal change or it could be genetic.
You need to understand the root cause of hair growth on the face or body and treat the root cause along with laser hair reduction. Both together will work wonders. Laser hair removal is one of the most commonly done cosmetic procedures. It uses a highly concentrated light beam into hair follicles. The pigment in the follicles absorbs the light that destroys the hair. Hair follicles are located just below the skin. They are responsible for producing new strands of hair.
If the follicles are destroyed, then hair production is temporarily disabled. This form of hair removal works best with darker hair colors on light skin tones. This is because the lasers target hair melanin (color). Even if some hairs aren’t removed, the lightening of their color can reduce the appearance of hair on the skin. Some of your hairs may also shed within a few days of your first treatment session.
Don’t wait for the right time. Just book an appointment at our Adore clinic or you may ask for consultancy. Say goodbye to long and thick hair! We provide completely safe and efficient treatment.
Benefits of laser hair removal:
- Laser hair removal treatment is useful for removing unwanted hair from the face, leg, underarm, bikini line, arm, and other areas.
- Precision: Laser can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
- Speed: Each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at the same time. The laser can treat an area approximately the size of a quarter every second. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute, and large areas, such as the back or legs may take up to an hour.
- Predictability: Most patients have permanent hair loss after an average of three to seven sessions.
- Most effective and safest method.
- It is an FDA-approved treatment.
- It does not cause any damage to the surrounded skin.
- It does not leave any adverse effect.
- Bikini line
- Other parts
Just before the procedure, your hair that will be undergoing treatment will be trimmed to a few millimeters above the skin surface. The laser equipment will be adjusted according to the color, thickness, and location of your hair being treated as well as your skin color. It is necessary to protect the outer layers of the skin with a cold gel or special cooling device. This will help the laser light penetrate the skin. The melanin pigment present in the darker hair strand absorbs the emitted light which destroys the stem cells present in the hair follicles. This in turn prevents the hair from continuing to the growing phase. It does not affect the over-lined skin at all. It is a quick and safe method.
After this procedure, you may be given ice packs, anti-inflammatory creams or lotions, or cold water to ease any discomfort. You can get back to your schedule after this treatment. You may schedule your next treatment after 4 to 6 weeks after this treatment. You will be getting treatments until your hair stops growing.
Smaller areas, such as the upper lip, can take just minutes. Larger areas of hair removal, like the back or chest, may take an hour or longer.
However, laser hair removal treatment does not permanently remove your hair. But it puts the hair follicles in a state of dormancy for a long period of time, much longer than with shaving and waxing. When the hair does grow back, it will be lighter, finer, fewer in number, and less noticeable.
The average cost of laser hair reduction sessions varies widely, depending on factors that include:
- The size of the area where treatment is required.
- The time required for the treatment.
- A number of sessions required to stop the hair growth.
You may ask for a consultation to get a better idea about the cost.
- Avoid sun exposure six weeks before the treatment.
- Avoid plucking, waxing, and electrolysis six weeks before the treatment.
- You may be given ice packs, anti-inflammatory creams or lotions, cold water to ease any discomfort.
- You should use sunscreen. It is important for you.
- Avoid sun exposure for six weeks after the treatment.
- Avoid gym, saunas, hot showers, for 24 after the treatment.