Derma roller is a handheld device that has a roller with hundreds of tiny micro-needles attached to it and used for skin needling treatment for both body skin and scalp skin for hair growth. Derma roller is used to clean and enhance your skin health; this process is called derma rolling. Dermarolling is a skin treatment and derma roller is the device used to carry out the process. The derma roller is rolled over the skin to create tiny skin punctures that help in skin repairing. The whole process leads to the creation of new collagen that is part of the connective tissue that is responsible for the strength, firmness, suppleness, and elasticity in the skin. A derma roller is like a paint roller, except it is less fluffy and has more spikes.
Derma roller comes in two types: One with 192 needles and another with 540 needles. Titanium needles are used in derma rollers. The size of the needle matters the most. Your skin condition decides the required size of the needle. It comes in many sizes like 0.25 mm, 1 mm, 1.5 mm, 2 mm, etc.
Before using a derma roller you should first cleanse your face thoroughly. This prevents the needles from spreading bacteria. Then you should apply a tone to help the skin stay soft and prepped. For areas like the face which are delicate, take the roller in one hand and gently roll it over your face systematically. Roll from the center outwards and on both sides of the face. After that, start at your forehead and work your way down to the chin while avoiding the area near the eye.
Derma rollers create controlled injuries to the skin in the form of micro punctures. This sends signals to your body for a boost in collagen and elastin production.
Derma roller helps improve skin conditions such as hair loss, acne scars, and melasma. Also, it gives plumping and firming skin and reduces the signs of aging.
When a problem of acne or any other skin condition you will see small acne with pus inside (let us take an example of acne). It gets bigger and bigger and lastly, it explodes and the puss comes outside and our body heals that thing but it leaves a scar on the mark after it. This formation shows a low production of collagen in our skin. Our body has a healing system when anywhere in our body a breakage of tissue blood comes out. Our body’s healing system stops the flow of blood and makes or repairs the cells and tissues for initial covering. Slowly the dead cell covering goes out and we get our normal skin again. So in this process, our body heals itself naturally. Derma roller works on this natural mechanism of our body. When we do dermarolling on our skin, we are trying to increase collagen production over there.
You have to only roll it over the affected areas. The needles try to penetrate it to the skin and you may feel pain and create punctures on your skin. In the areas where you feel pain, the healing mechanism will start its work there. And this leads to an increase in the production of collagen. And the acne scars or any other earlier skin condition starts to reduce and disappears soon. Our skin appears youthful, plumpy, glowing and it gets back to normal again.
- Acne scars: Number one solution to treat acne scars. It is the cheapest, effective, and most trusted solution for acne scars.
- Wrinkles: If you have fine lines and wrinkles and the skin is loosened, so to remove wrinkles from your skin and make it youthful this is the solution.
- Hyperpigmentation: If you have hyperpigmentation or if you have sun damage or U.V. damaged skin then this is the solution for it.
- Stretch marks: If you have stretch marks on your body or there are post-surgery marks on the body. To treat such skin conditions, this is the solution.
- Whenever you are using any serum or cream and if you feel that you are not getting any desired result then you can use this. First, roll this roller on your face and then apply the cream. The cream will be able to penetrate deep inside. And you will get 10 times better results after this.
- People with sensitive skin conditions like acne cysts, eczema, psoriasis, and eczema should not use this.
- You should not use derma roller and retinol products at the same time.
- Use SPF product for an extra layer of protection.
- Do not use a derma roller more than once a week.
- You should always use a clean and sanitized derma roller.