Botox is the purified protein/medicine commonly known as a botulinum toxin used to relax the muscle and soften the wrinkles. It merely inhibits the signals from the nerves to the specific muscle where the botox is applied. The muscle gradually creates new receptors for the nerve signals and reverses the muscle action back to normal.
That’s why Botox’s impact lasts for 3- 5 months, relying upon the botox’s dose. There is no nerve injury with the botox.
Botox is well known for the softening of forehead lines, frown lines, crows feet ( line around eyes while laughing or smiling ), to lift the eyebrows, so the lines and wrinkles become less noticeable. Xeomin is the new one introduced within the country.
Frequently Asked Questions
Injections of botulinum toxin could appear like a straightforward procedure since it’s merely a few shots. However, it’s each an art and science that only an experienced healthcare skilled should do. There are forty-three muscles in your face, and the one who performs botulinum toxin injections must understand and pinpoint the proper spots to optimize your treatment. A skinny needle is employed to inject little amounts of botulinum toxin into specific muscles. By rigorously selecting particular muscles, your healthcare supplier weakens only the wrinkle-producing muscles, conserving your natural facial expressions.
Dr Madhavi consults you and explains what the result would be. Then the technician applies the numbing cream for 30 to 45 minutes. A fragile needle is employed to inject little amounts of botulinum toxin into specific muscles. By carefully selecting particular muscles, Dr Madhavi works to weaken only the wrinkle-producing muscles, preserving your natural facial expressions that take 15 mins to 30 mins – typically less than 15 mins. And you’re done.
The time of the result varies upon the size of the muscle. If given in the small muscle, you may see within 24 to 48 hrs, on an average of 3 to 7 days. If in the more massive muscle like in reshaping the jaw, it will take 3 to 4 weeks.
BOTOX has numbers of application in several conditions however in aesthetic practice it is helpful for –
- It used to slim the face
- Sharpen the jawline
- Softens frown lines
- Softens or reduces lines like forehead lines, crows, feet, etc.
- Lift your nose, reduce the flare of nostrils
- FDA approved for migraine headaches
- For excessive sweating on the face, scalp, and underneath arms.
- It works wonders for open pores and acne- in a mess botox
- The more modern applications are for surgical scars, once injected around the scar, it reduces the tissue tension and leaves you with a substantial-excellent injury.
- It additionally works on keloids together with standard treatments like intralesional steroids.
- For reshaping of face, the result lasts for 6 to 8 months.
- For hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating, it lasts from 4 months to 1 year.
- For facial wrinkles, it lasts for 3-4 months.
- For lines on the neck, need frequent injections.
- Need frequent sessions for open pores and oily skin.
Nothing if you selected a right dermatologist reported cases of lip drop, eyebrow drop, brushing, asymmetry.
Inform your doctor if you are on any blood thinners or diagnosed with any neuromuscular ailment or infection at the proposed treatment site.
For the first 24 hrs, post the treatment suggest you not to swim, run on a treadmill, and additionally avoid vigorous massage. For help, you can also call the Adore Clinic centre for free information.