Time heals wound but scars are what remains with us. The scars of any kind of depressed, shallow, red spots on your skin. It not only affects your self-esteem but also affects your employment, interviews, social, and personal life. Don’t worry we are here with a solution for you all! Don’t let your simple acne scars affect your life.
Prevention is always better than cure. Even if there is a small breakout of acne you must see your dermatologist for prevention from post-acne scars and pigmentation. We are here at the Adore clinic to help you with all your acne scar problems. We will help you to prevent the new occurrence of acne scar and will help to remove old ones
with different acne scar removal treatments. We at the Adore clinic use different combination modalities for acne scar treatment to get better results. The modalities we use are:
- Microdermabrasion and peel
- Combinations of peel
- Dermaroller and PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)
- Radiofrequency with micro-needling and PRP
- Microdermabrasion and intense pulse light to lighten the redness of the scar
- Fillers for scar (instantly fills the scar pits)
Dr. Madhvi is specialized in acne scar treatment. She will help you with the best technology available at our Adore clinic. Our technologies will give you the best face scar removal treatment. All our devices used are FDA approved and are safe and efficient. Correct treatment will protect you from permanent acne scars. Waiting for an acne scar to recover itself is not a good decision at all. You will end up getting more scars on your face. Proper acne treatment is a must for clear skin.
After a severe acne breakout, two types of changes occur. One is a post-acne scar and the other one is post-acne pigmentation. Acne scars are the textural changes and indentation that occur on the skin as a result of severe acne. Amongst all skin problems, acne scars take the longest time to heal or recover. It takes multiple sessions for acne scar removal treatment. These scars are generally formed because of the habit of picking at acne or bursting it. Dig a wound and you will be gifted by a scar. Post acne pigmentation is commonly known as Post inflammatory hypertension (PIH), these are the dark spots or marks left after healing of acne or pimple. Or in simple words, it is discoloration of the skin.
- Atrophic scars: These scars are flat and shallow depressions on the skin. It is formed when the skin is unable to regenerate tissues. These scars are commonly caused by severe cystic acne or chickenpox or after removal of a mole. These scars require several treatments for the best results.
- Boxcar scars: The structure of boxcar acne is broad, box-like shallow or deep depression with sharply defined vertical edges. Generally, it is formed on cheeks and temples.
- Ice pick scars: These scars are smaller in size and are narrow indentations that point down into the skin’s surface. These extend into the lower layer of the skin.
- Raised scar: These scars are most common with chest and back acne. It is produced due to the overproduction of tissue during the healing process of acne.
Acne scars are not permanent it can be recovered by treatment. To determine what is best for you must discuss the pros and cons of prescribed medication with your doctor or dermatologist.
- Fillers: The filler method uses injections that are injected into intended scars that fill out depressed skin. The results of this method are temporary. One has to repeat the injections periodically. This treatment is best for someone having a small number of boxcar scars.
- Laser resurfacing: This method has the fastest healing time than other methods. This method involves a laser to remove the top layer of skin which improves the appearance of the skin. This method is best for lighter skin tones and all types of acne scars.
- Other energy-based procedures: Other energy-based procedures involve pulsed light sources and radiofrequency devices which make scars less noticeable. In this procedure, the outer layer of the skin is not damaged. One has to repeat the treatment as its result are subtle.
- Micro-Dermabrasion: It is one of the effective methods of acne scar removal. In this method, the top layer of skin is removed leaving scars completely removed. The deeper acne scar may appear but this method will make it look less noticeable. This scar removal treatment is best for boxcar scars.
- Chemical peeling: This method is best for deeper scars as it involves high-potency acid to remove the top layer of skin. Chemical peeling can remove all kinds of acne scars.
- Micro-needling and ratio frequency: This method involves a rolling needle-studded device or handheld pen over the skin to stimulate underlying tissues. It is a safe and effective treatment that can be used on all types of skin tones. This treatment is best for depressed acne scars. The result is subtle one needs to repeat the treatment.
- Botox injections: Sometimes the skin around the acne scars puckers. Botox injections use botulinum toxin to relax the area around the acne. The results of this method are temporary. You need to repeat the treatment periodically as per the requirement.